Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentines Day


I know some of you don't want to read about my date for valentines day - so if thats you stop reading now. I'm writing this because I want to. Not because you want me to :) But I still love you.

I am writing this because it really turned out to be such a romantic night. I enjoyed myself so much and I haven't had such a great valentines day in so many many many years.

The day was a jammed back day. Went to Louisville Friday night, stayed the night so I could get up and go to Connors birthday party. It started at 11am and I had to be back to Cincinnati by 2:30 p.m. At 3:15 the boys and I needed to be at Mass because the cubscouts were participating in the Mass. Then we had the Blue and Gold dinner for cubscouts right after mass - and straight from there I was to meet Pierre. And I was supposed to be dressed up. How was I going to accomplish all of this??? I didn't know - but I knew I could.

I had no idea where we were going for the night. It was a surprise. I used to like surprises... but I have now realized that I only like surprises that I don't know about. That I know about a month before its going to happen. A surprise that I don't know about ahead of time so that I don't spend most of my free times trying to figure out what the surprise will be. I like spontaneous surprises.

So it was a surprise. I was supposed be home at 6:45 for him to pick me up. I was going to have to leave the banquet a few min early but mom was there with boys. Turns out though that the dinner was over much earlier. We got home at 6.

Pierre showed up 30 min early. He was actually trying to surprise me by leaving my vday gift here and then leaving so I would get home and it would all be here. It didn't work out so well for him. But the thought was so sweet.

He walked through the door with a dozen red roses, a vase, vday balloon, Godiva chocolates (I swears hes sabatoging my diet so he can win our contest!!!) and a 2 litre of big red. Everything was for me - EXCEPT the big red. That was for mom. This was his first time meeting her. He wanted to get her something - like a bottle of wine... But mom doesn't really drink. EXCEPT for big red. LOL. So he got her big red. It was sweet.

We headed out. I still didn't know where we were going. I think he just loves driving me crazy. I think he loves watching me get frustrated and he loves the fact that I BEG him to tell me. But he is a stubborn ass and won't give in to telling me. I have completely lost my nack of talking anyone into anything.

He had made us dinner reservations ahead of time at Brio's. I was so excited. I had never been but had been wanting to go. I LOVE Italian. He doesn't so much, but he took us cuz its my favorite. I love that he puts me first. :)

The dinner was WONDERFUL. Not on my diet... I am sure that is partially why it was so good. :) After dinner we went to see a movie. We saw Dear John. It was very good... BUT very sad. This was the first time Pierre and I have been out to a movie together. Seems crazy. But it was. It was so nice to snuggle up with him. I will have to teach him to NOT try to predict the entire movie. LET ME WATCH IT!! (I love him anyway!)

Then he brought me home (well thats what is going in this blog anyway!!) He walked me in, kissed me good night and went home. It was such a nice night. I perfectly romantic evening.

This year I had a wonderful, simple, romantic valentines day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter