Sunday, April 4, 2010

First Communion


First Communion is coming up FAST! I am slowly but surely checking things off my list as complete. Ok - well maybe there are several things "in progress" and not actually complete. But I am moving forward. This weekend I was able to knock a ton out. See I have more to do than normal because I volunteered to be in charge of the Jesus Day bags. I am excited - but 32 hand sewn bags?? What was I thinking? Thank God Mrs. Jones will be doing the embroidering and be directing the mass of moms assembly line. I am just coordinating (well and an assembly line mom) the project. So this weekend this is what I got complete or "in progress" :)

1.) Got crayons donated for Jesus Day Bags
2.) Delegated another mom to be in charge of the snack for the bags
3.) Got the material for the bags
4.) Bought Jonah's suit, tie, shirt and shoes (really wish the ex would have given me Noah's suit from last year - would have saved a lot of money not to mention its REALLY special and I HATE that I don't have it... but life goes on)
5.) Got Jonah's suit measured and fitted to have it hemmed (this is in progress of being hemmed)
6.) Designed and emailed out Jonah's invitation. Its so adorable.
7.) Completely cleaned the boys room (now for the rest of the house!)

PHEWW! That has worn me out just thinking about it. So I have more to go but its definitely a start. I still have to:

1.) Pick out the menu for the party (Pierre is cooking!!! YIPPEE!!)
2.) Make Jonah's Pew Banner. (Pierre is doing this too :) but I have to make sure it gets done!)
3.) Mail out the invitations
4.) Sew all of the bags
5.) Put all of the bags and stuffers together.
6.) CLEAN HOUSE!
7.) Order cake and grocery shop
8.) Buy his gift!!!

Seems like a lot left still - not to mention we have so much going on this month. But it will all get done. Jonah's Godmother and my favorite cousin, Leslie is coming in early to be at Jesus Day and help me with last minute things and to help her Godson get ready! And just maybe I can delegate more stuff to Pierre!!! :)

Jonah is so looking forward to it. It will be such a great day!

2 comments:

  1. I am very angry about the suit. Very angry.

    On a happier, less angry note...I can't wait to see my Godson take his first communion. I know I am going to cry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time really pass by so fast, first we labor to have them on earth and then now they were having their first communion..such a relief!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Meter