Monday, May 18, 2009

Bump in the Night

The night has so many noises.  The city has so many noises.  Old houses have so many noises.  Add them all together and you have my situation.  I lie in bed at night and I hear EVERY noise.  Usually, I lie in bed hear the noises and then hide under my blankets.  That way if someone is breaking in they will never find me.  :)

Tonite, I was sitting on the couch covered up in my blanket in just my tshirt.  I was working and chatting on line.  Then suddenly I hear a large noise in my basement.  I swear someone was breaking in my door down there.  I start to panic.  I am too scared to get up.  I am in my underwear so I don't want to uncover - what if they see me??  So I am chatting explaining how freaked out I am.  They are concerned at first but then realize I do this all of the time.  I just can't help it.  What if I was right?

So the only thing I could possibly do.  I fake call the police.  This was so that they can hear me calling the police, then they will run and get the heck out.  If there is no one really there - well then I am not actually calling the police and making a fool of myself.  I continue to hear noises every so often.  I turn the volume on my tv down when I hear a noise and back up when I don't hear anything else. Its up and down and up and down.  Then I stomp my feet on the floor so that they know I am awake, while I am fake calling the police.  I will get these bad, terrible, guys to leave.  

I calm down.  I listen.  I hear it again.  Is it the refrigerator?  No.  It can't be that loud.  Wait - yes I think it is.  Silence.  Silence.  Silence.  Wait - there it is again.  Yep - its the refrigerator.  Thank goodness it was only a fake call to the police.  Thank goodness the boys and I are safe.  Thank goodness I didn't have to attack anyone.  Thank goodness.

I was almost a victim of a home invasion.  Very similar to my involvement in a bank robbery.  Maybe I will blog about that sometime, but it is such a better story in person.  Just to clarify since this is a public blog - I was a VICTIM of a near bank robbery

All is calm for now.  Now I must get up and go to bed.  It will all start over again.  I don't like sleeping alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter