Friday, May 15, 2009

Don't they know?

Today was my first day. My first day at my new second job. It was everything I expected. Not good. So what is my job you might ask. I might say I am a marketing rep. That's what they call me. But its a lie. It's a scam. I am one of those annoying people that stand at the door at events begging you to sign up for a sweepstakes. Yeah thats me. How humiliating.

Have I stooped that low (no offense to all of you that do it and do it well?) I felt so dirty and unethical. Don't these people know that they do this drawing once a year - they get at least 400 names per event. The ENTIRE reason they want you to sign up is so that they can call you. Call you over and over and over again. I had a hard time looking people in the eyes as they were signing up. Maybe my conscience is too big. Everyone else doing it seemed just fine doing it. Why can't I be just fine doing it?

They expect us to get 100 people to fill out these forms. I got 33. I know - I suck. Yes, it was my first night. But seriously - I suck. I just can't look at these people and ask them to fill out something that I know is only going to cause them grief.

You want to know how I got 33 names? I asked people to fill out multiples with fake names. I asked little kids to do it (you have to be 21 for them to call you). I filled some fake ones out myself. I know - unethical. But I felt better about screwing the company than screwing the innocent unsuspecting people.

I have never been rejected or hit on so many times in one night. All of the rejections came at the beginning of the night. All of the come ons - those came at the end. Why you might ask - BEER I would tell you. By the end of the night all of the drunk men wanted to take me home. One even tried to convert me to become Catholic. All I can say is they were signing my forms - usually a few forms. :)

My next day for work is Saturday. Will I go back? It's still up in the air. You will have to check back tomorrow to find out. I am now off to do laundry and bed just so I can get up and face the world again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter