Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Where was my mirror??

I am blogging while I am work.  Not typical of me but I could not wait.  I had to get this off my chest and out there.  I am just warning you that this may be "too much information" for someone to read.  As most people know about me - I don't really hold back :)  Besides - if you read my first blog - this blog is for me.  For me to get everything out.  I can't get things out if I have to guard what I say, right?

I did not have the kids last night.  So I went to bed a little earlier than normal and I slept in a little later this morning.  When I woke up I realized that I had a consultant from work that was going to be in the office waiting for me.  I sent her a message letting her know I would be late.  Then I had to kick it into high gear to get ready this morning.

Now that I am losing weight not all of my clothes fit me anymore.  So - even though all of my laundry is clean (not put away, but clean) I have to sort through things to find something that fits.  I didn't have time for that this morning.  So I just grabbed a pair of pants and a shirt.  I through my clothes on - knowing that at least they matched and I ran out the door.

I am driving into work.  I realize that there is this big stain on my pants.  Like donut sized stain.  It's not real obvious, but its there.  I rush into work.  Passing by everyone in the hall.  Hoping no one sees my stain.  

I met with the consultant.  Then I headed to the basement to get some water and a quick restroom break.  This is when I decided to look in the mirror.  A BIG mistake.  I look HORRIBLE.  My pants are way baggy on me.  They make my butt look like an old lady's butt (I really hope it doesn't always look like that).  My shirt is too short and it allows my extra belly roll (really flabby now that I am losing weight) show.  Its not hanging out but you can see it in my pants.  I am sure you know what I am talking about.  I didn't have time to put my Spanx on so the roll is there.  It normally does not show but in todays pants it does.

My pants are like a really light khaki color - basically the same color as my legs.  They are dressy capri pants.  So they like blend right in with my legs.  Can't really tell where one begins and the other ends.  Its AWFUL.

I didn't have time to put make up on.  My shoes almost clash with my shirt.  I feel like Mimi from Drew Carey.  I am one of those people that I would look at and think "honey - did you look in the mirror when you got dressed this morning?"   The thing is that I didn't.  I didn't have time.

Now I am so freaking embarrassed.  I don't want anyone to see me.  I am staying glued to my desk and my chair.  I even turned my afternoon meeting into a conference call so I wouldn't have to be seen.  

Last week I sent Jonah to school in his pajama shirt (he is supposed to be in uniform) and today I look like a clown.  I do, seriously.  What is going on with me?  I need to pay closer attention in the mornings.  Maybe wake up 15 min earlier so I have time to look in the mirror.

So on with my day now.  Back to hiding out.  At least I am having a good hair day.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter